I had a request or the recipe. Since I changed so much, I figured I should do a post to show how I made it.
I have to say that I'm not usually very good about finding a recipe and modifying it. Especially the first time. Usually, I would try a meal following the directions and then change it up the second time. I guess I was feeling daring.
HERE is the original recipe I found on Pinterest.
These are the changes I made:
- Eliminated the chicken. I decided to make this a vegetarian meal.
- Instead of adding two cans of cream of chicken soup, I made my own “cream of anything” soup mix that I also found on Pinterest. I used vegetable bouillon for the mix. Then added the recommended amounts of mix and water for two cans worth.
- Used vegetable broth instead of water.
- Added a can of pinto beans.
- Added a bag of frozen peppers and onions.