I haven't been running/jogging/exercising in a LONG time. I am not counting our soccer games we have once a week, because, well, just because I'm not! 🙂 I have been eating too much and exercising too little. So this morning, I dragged my butt out of bed and went for a jog at 6AM. I know this may seem crazy to you, but if I am going to exercise, I want to do it in the morning. Why you ask? Simple:
- Because it really wakes you up and prepares you for the day.
- Because by 6:30 you have already accomplished something.
- Because you can get sweaty and then shower. Instead of getting ready for your day, coming home from work and then getting gross again after working out.
- Because it's so quiet and peaceful in the morning.
- Because it's cooler in the morning than in the afternoon and no one likes to exercise in the heat. And yes, I know you could go to the gym, but being outside when you can in this state is something you must do!
- Because it's a little fun dodging sprinklers in the morning!
- Because you can get out any aggressions in the morning…and get those endorphins going early in the morning.
- Because I said so.
You can view the path I took HERE if you are interested.