I have a few things saved up about Maddie that don’t really need a full post. So I thought I would just put them all in one little post. I didn’t want to forget about these little tidbits!
* Maddie has started to say “grandpa,” but she says it “ba-ba.” She gets really excited when I tell her one of her grandpas are coming over. And when she sees a picture of one of them, she gets really excited, too! They love it!
* Maddie has started to talk on her play phone more often these days. She picks it up and says hello. I’ve heard her have little conversations (usually involving “ba-ba” and “baby”) and then she says “bye” and takes the phone away from her ear. When I ask her who she is talking to, she will pause and think about it then tell me whom she is talking to. It cracks me up!
* I let Maddie talk to my mom on my phone the other day. Then she talked to Chuck and my dad on the phone, too. Maddie gets so into it. She listens so carefully to what the person on the phone asks her then answers. The look of concentration on her face is so adorable!
* I was sitting on the couch one evening and Maddie came up next to me, pulled my shirt up and was touching my stomach saying “baby.” She will kiss and rub my stomach all the time. This particular night, the baby was moving a lot, so I put Maddie’s hand on my stomach and she got this weird look on her face when she felt it move. Then I told her the baby would come out in a couple weeks and we could play with her. And she started say “out out” and trying to open my stomach. If only it were that easy, kiddo!
* I have been trying to get Maddie to say some of the names we have on our baby list to see if she likes them. Usually when I ask her to repeat it, she pauses briefly and says “naho” (which is a silly way she says “no” when we ask her to say something she doesn’t want to say). When I ask her what we should name the baby, her answer is usually “BABY!” Good thing toddlers don’t name children!